Dogs barking, children in the background and calls dropping off makes it difficult to work from home and run a business. As business operations move online in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, work smarter from home by following the Video Conferencing Survival Tips below. You can’t control everything, but you can definitely be prepared.
Video Conferencing Survival Tips:
• Test the login requirements 15 minutes before the meeting begins to make sure your connection and audio works.
• Prepare the documents you want to share before the call so you’re not fumbling to find your file.
• Now you can be punctual and introduce yourself before speaking so others know who is talking and how to address you by name.
• Speak naturally but slowly, making sure to enunciate and don’t forget to pause after speaking to check if anyone on the call has a comment or question.
• Don’t interrupt other speakers. If your video conferencing app has a chat option, post your questions there to ensure every comment is addressed.
• Limit cell phone and other electronic use. A good rule of thumb is: if you wouldn’t do it in person, don’t do it over video. 🙂
• Turn on your camera. Humans interact better when they can see you. Maintain a natural amount of eye contact by looking into the camera. Helps to convey confidence and attentiveness when speaking, or listening.
• Don’t shout. If someone can’t hear you, adjust the level of your microphone. Shouting will cause others to turn down their volume and potentially miss what you have to say.
• Dress appropriately. It’s great to work from the comfort of your living room, if you can, but swapping that spaghetti-stained band tee for a nice button-up could be a game changer. 🙂
• Have fun with it! Relax and have a good time. Break the ice with a joke and make people laugh. It’s easy to tune out during an hour-long meeting so being professional and lighthearted could be a welcome relief during this tense time.
Self-isolation and working remotely can interrupt your workflow, but it doesn’t’ have to interrupt running your business. Video conference with me and let AP42 help you with your marketing needs such as ramping-up lead generation.